Did you know that nearly all tea bags have plastic lining on them? So does not degrade in compost or in soil! So why not get some loose leaf tea and enjoy some plastic free tea with our tea strainer
* Made from food grade stainless steel 304 thus no rust, guaranteed. Keeps your drink free of odour and free of metal taste. Easy to clean and dishwasher safe.
* Wide mouth and handle are perfect for resting in teapots, mugs, cups, or glass bottles. Two handles on both side, easier putting and lifting, avoid being scalded by the hot steam. Handles are longer than other tea infusers. Fits more kinds of cups or teapots. And sit more stably.
* The fine mesh will filter tea leaves thus having mess free tea
* Reverse side of the lid can be used as a cup mat. Place the infuser on the lid & keep the table neat.
* To clean the tea stains, simply use baking soda dissolved in warm water. Then wipe tea strainer after use to keep it in a great condition . Zero Waste dish brush with replaceable heads are perfect for cleaning your dishes and many others things in style whilst being environmentally friendly.
Zero Waste plastic free tea strainer is perfect for having loose leaf tea without feeling guilty about throwing plastic lined tea bags in the big.
Materials & Packaging
* Strainer made from 100% food grade stainless steel 304 that won’t rust
* Comes with no plastic packaging whatsoever
* Comes in a recycled Kraft Paper Box
* 100% Vegan
Message from the maker
Hi, my name is Qingfeng Li. I am 45 years old and have been working with the company for 13 years. I have found well paying, consistent, and satisfying work through this job. I live in Anping County with my family and my hobbies are singing and Kung Fu. Each morning I get up early and go to practice it with my friends. I made the hole part of the tea strainer. By making it have uniform hole size, customers are satisfied after using. I hope you love the tea strainer as much as we do.
The strainer was made at a factory located in Anping county in the Hebei Province in China. The monthly minimum wage in the Hebei Province is 1380 RMB. However, the the makers at the factory are paid RMB 19/hour, thus 3040 RMB per month which is equivalent to £355 a month. Work is 8 hours a day, 40 hours a week. Workers are given time off for holidays based on China’s labor laws. To ensure the health and safety for their works, the factory gives annual health checks and provides good food, fruits and vegetables to the workers through their factory canteen. The workers also have a union, and their feedback is highly valued by the company.
Product care & end of life
If tea stains occur, simply use baking soda dissolved in warm water. Then wipe tea strainer after use to keep it in a great condition.
This tea strainer should hopefully last over 20 years. When it does come to it’s end of life, simply put it in your metal recycling or upcycle the item using your own creativity.